We are a small, passionate, dog rescue based in North Wales, UK.
We aim to provide a safe haven for dogs that have been abandoned through no fault of their own, rehome them, and to educate the next generation of dog owners.
Our vision is for all dogs to “live the good life”, free from cruelty, abuse, neglect or fear and having their physical, social and emotional needs met.
- 1. To provide a safe haven for, and to successfully re-home, dogs that are abandoned through no fault of their own.
- 2. To promote responsible ownership and provide support to both fosterers and adopters from two fully qualified dog behaviour specialists and experienced volunteers.
- 3. Through developing our education programme, we aim to reach young people and to help them to:
- - be safe around and respect dogs
- - understand different breeds to make an informed decision when choosing a dog
- - be aware of animal cruelty and exploitation (including online sales and working dogs)
- 4. To offer our support to the appropriate bodies in order to put a stop to the unnecessary and needless suffering of dogs but in particular:
- - racing greyhounds
- - breeding dogs and their puppies
- - dogs sold online
- We are passionate about the welfare and happiness of all dogs. Whilst not being breed specific, approximately a quarter of our rescues have been greyhounds.
- Dogs in the local pound and urgent social cases (eg. deceased owners) will be prioritised for rescue.
- Whilst in our care, we strive to ensure each and every dog receives the most appropriate care - on site in kennels or on short or long-term placement with suitable fosterer, where all practical needs are met by the rescue.
- Our re-homing principles prioritise the dog’s needs and so placement is based on finding the best match adopter/home/family for each individual dog. This is done through careful assessment of the animal, scrutiny of applicants and home checks.
- We understand that issues may well arise as the dog settles into its new home and the adopters begin to adapt to life with a new pet, so we offer a lifetime guarantee of support from our dog behaviour specialists and experienced volunteers.
- We would like to see an end to backstreet breeding, puppy farming, online dog sales and greyhound racing through education and exposure and will lend our support to the appropriate bodies to this end.
- We recognise, appreciate and value the time, effort and support given freely and willingly by our many volunteers in a variety of ways.